Whenever I make a fruit juice, I ensure celery is added because of many great benefits of celery juice that I stand to gain. You might say I am obsessed with this fruit (but I am not the only one). In fact, Hippocrates (the father of modern medicine) called the celery “a nerve calmer”, and was a scientist who strongly believed in the natural power of celery. He also firmly believed that the benefits of healthy eating are all too many.
Back in 2012, I paid a visit to a close friend and I met her drinking celery juice. I asked her of its health benefits and she told me. Boy was I amazed about the natural wonders of this plant. Before then I had always seen it as yet “just another vegetable that is good, but not that good for you. That encounter changed me completely.
To enjoy the amazing benefits of celery juice, I use it a lot in my juices and I encourage you to do the same. In fact, almost all of my friends know how much I love it so much.
So what makes its juice so beneficial to your body?
One, it is rich in water content, so it’s a great juice maker. Anyway, let’s take a look at other amazing benefits of celery juice that you need to know right now
Health Benefits of Celery Juice
- The celery juice is very rich in Vitamins C, B1, B2, B6 and A
- It juice is contains sodium, though this is offset by its high levels of potassium. As a result, the celery juice makes a great electrolyte replacement drink that beats anything unnatural. Celery juice really is juicing for health!
- It provides your body with great amounts of folic acid and fiber
- It enhances and encourages detoxification
- It helps reduce high blood pressure.
- It helps calm you down when you are nervous like before making a speech or during.
- It strengthens the kidney, and act as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- It removes your body waste through urine.
- This is a great drink to try if you are working towards losing some weight. It has a low amount of calories. With almost zero calorie levels, you can eat mountain size celery and never put on any weight at all. Its low levels of calories make it perfect for weight loss juicing.
- With phytochemical compounds known as coumarins that help prevent celery aids in the prevention of cancer. Coumarins are said to be effective cancer prevention agents and are trusted to enhance the activity of certain white blood cells in the human body.
- Plus, Coumarins act as blood pressure reducers, tone the vascular system and can sometimes relieve migraines.
- A glass of celery can serve as an appetite suppresser.
Things You Should Know about Celery
- Every part of the celery plant is edible. The seeds, leaves and root can be consumed raw or used in cooking’s. You can also blend them with your juice.
- Countries like Japan, often place people with muscular aches (rheumatic patients) and arthritic on a celery-only diet.
- If possible, pick green celery because it’s high in chlorophyll. Make sure it is firm and not soft.
- If there are any leftovers, you can wrap in a damp cloth or plastic or store it in the fridge.
- If left at room temperature, celery will wilt. Once it’s back in the refrigerator for a little while however, it will regain its crispiness.
- A good number of patients with low blood pressure claim it makes their blood pressure even lower.
- If you want to achieve your weight loss goal, try drinking celery juice before you eat because as stated earlier, it aids the suppression of the appetite.
Other Uses for Celery
- Raw or grated celery can be used to treat swollen glands
- Raw celery is generally administered in the treatment of high blood pressure. This makes it a great agent to use when juicing for high blood pressure.
- Celery is sometimes used in traditional healing like Ayurveda and sometimes, in traditional healing.
How to Make Celery Juice
Enjoying the benefits of celery juice is most certainly a worthy goal!
Make sure that your celery looks and feel crisp, then chop off any bits which have wilted. Wash the celery thoroughly and then you’re good to go! Celery will quickly blend in your juicer really fast since it’s so soft.
To offset the sodium, try throwing in an apple or two when making celery juice. It’ll sweeten it up real good and you’ll get an added heap of benefits of apple juice to the mixture!
Unfortunately, a lot of people sensitive to psora have complained of skin problems after celery or its juice consumption. If you fall in this category, you should stay clear of celery and its product. Other than that, enjoy your glass of celery juice and enjoy the rich benefits of celery juice!
If you experience any reactions after celery juice, stop it immediately. For example, some people have a skin problem, which means they have a sensitivity to psora.
Other than that, enjoy your juice and enjoy the rich benefits of celery juice!